adding flare to my wardrobe

abba wearing various styles of flares

Maybe I'm a bit late to the party, but recently I have fallen in love with all kinds of flared trousers. I have been utterly in awe of seventies fashion recently, thanks to my most loved blogger Megan Ellaby. This wave of inspiration has led me to purchasing three pairs in the space of a fortnight. No regrets over here.

The flares I'm wearing in my little garden photo-shoot below (thanks mum) are a fun, stretchy style from Topshop, adorned with scattered ditsy spots. I envisioned I'd be saving them for out and about wear, however given the current situation we're in, I've found myself reaching for them simply to chill in the house and garden. They look fab and funky on and yet feel so damn comfy which is ideal.



top: primark trousers: topshop shoes: dr martens

I'm patiently waiting for the postman to deliver two more pairs of flares from H&M. First, I went for some high-waisted denim ones, inspired by the likes of Abba as pictured. I highly doubt I can rock them like they do, but I'm gonna give it a go. Something tells me these will become my go-to jeans (if I can fit into them after all these isolation treats!). The second pair I've ordered are a black corduroy velour style which will accompany nicely with baggy t-shirts and dressier tops depending on what vibe I'm trying to achieve. Excuse the pun, but I really do feel satisfied to be adding some flare to my wardrobe, which was definitely in need of spicing up for spring-summer...

Jess 

Comments

Popular Posts