life during lockdown

beautiful blue skies during a daily walk

During what can only be described as a rather unusual period of time in my life, I've been trying my best to outlet some energy into a number of creative projects. I've been enjoying the likes of sketching, pom-pom making, writing and even sewing to name a few. As a rather impractical person, I've pleasantly surprised myself with some of the results of my handiwork.

Boredom has also lead me to watching some new shows on the telly. First up, Malory Towers. Oh my, the nostalgia is real. If like me, you spent most of your childhood with your nose in a book, you might remember reading this series by Enid Blyton. I highly recommend the television version to anyone in need of a pick me up in the midst of this scary time. Another on my list is The Crown. In my university room, I used to pop this on as background entertainment as I trailed through my assignments, not paying an awful lot of attention to the story line. Since introducing it to my Dad I've got him hooked and I must admit I'm really getting back into it myself. I've always found the royal family fascinating, and again, it's nice to take my mind off things by immersing myself in something else.


Last, but certainly not least, I've been slowly but surely progressing with my new years resolution of getting into reading again. Just this afternoon, I finished Daisy Jones and the Six. I would highly recommend it to any lover of music, rock and the sixties-seventies era. Itching to crack on with a new book, I picked out Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine. I've heard mixed reviews but so far I'm loving the wit and humour, and Eleanor herself is so likable.

Jess  


Comments

Popular Posts