a roundup of my music icons

queen pictured with elton john
1. Freddie Mercury

Why? Why the hell wouldn't you adore the queen king himself. He defines elaborate, extravagant and ambitious music in a way no artist, in my opinion, ever has. His flamboyant dress sense matches his enviable stage persona, which I admire fondly. I will forever be heartbroken to have never watched Freddie Mercury perform live. My favourite songs include love of my life, good old fashioned lover boy and killer queen.

2. Elton John

I sort of accidentally discovered my adoration for Elton when casually watching a documentary about his music and legacy. I loved the documentary so much, I watched it again. From then on I was hooked. Elton John is a true musical genius, a man who can get you dancing or crying through the magic of his voice and his piano. Not to mention, his zany style is insanely cool. My favourite songs include tiny dancer, I'm still standing and of course, rocketman.

3. David Bowie

I'm yet to explore David Bowie's life and history in more detail, nonetheless, he remains one of my musical icons to date, with his obscure lyrics and unusual compositions. My love affair with Bowie began after hearing Heroes for the first time and I instantly wanted more. Not only his music, but his sense of adventure and mystery appeals greatly to me. My favourite songs include heroes, china girl and starman.

Jess  

Comments

Popular Posts