life during lockdown: update

walking through fields with my dad

It's certainly been a while since my last blog post considering my initial flow. I put this down to some low days in which I haven't felt quite myself and on the contrary, moments of madness when I just haven't stopped. Certainly, having my sister Lucy back home with us has meant spending more time with her and less time hooked to my laptop playing Sims and online shopping. I've thoroughly enjoyed watching Netflix together again, picking up Sex Education (highly recommend) from where we left off and starting Normal People, which I'm still undecided about after seven episodes.

Aside from binge watching, we've been bike riding, gin drinking and quiz making together, all of which have provided us with some entertainment. Whilst Lucy is at work and dad's being a busybody around the house, I like to spend time watching Escape to the Country with mum, creating things and reading. I finished Eleanor Oliphant which I loved to bits and then trailed through The Book Thief, which I found moving but not quite what I was hoping for somehow. Now I'm on to Then She Was Gone by Lisa Jewell which I picked up in a charity book sale and isn't my usual genre of choice. Speaking of stories, I'm in the process of writing a short story which I am totally invested in to the point that I forget my characters aren't real. Possibly another reason why I've neglected writing for this blog. I've always enjoyed creative writing and recently found a wave of inspiration in me which I am so excited to be putting into words. At the moment, I'm only showing my work in progress to family and my friend Sarah, but perhaps when it's finished I might share the whole thing.

my (nearly) completed jigsaw
As well as an author, I seem I fancy myself as a jewellery-maker having recently found a set of bead and charms from childhood play when doing a clear out. The colourful little necklaces and bracelets I've been making look so cute if I do say so myself and really brighten up my go-to loungewear. Another nostalgic activity I have newly rediscovered is gaming. It was a truly magical moment finding my Game Boy, Nintendo DS lite and Wii along with a selection of classic games: Mario kart, Wii fit and cooking mama to name a few! Finally, I finished my David Bowie themed puzzle which is possibly the most fabulous jigsaw I've ever seen. Rather disappointingly I seem to have misplaced 13 pieces in the process. Either that, or Amazon didn't send them all in the first place.

A final note. I might have made my life sound like sunshine and rainbows in this post, but as initially mentioned, I've had my fair share of low's during this lockdown. I've spent some days predominantly in bed feeling upset by the whole situation, and consumed copious amounts of chocolate meaning I've abandoned my jeans for now. I'm trying to tell myself this is normal and allow these emotions to pass without feeling guilty about being unproductive. 

Jess 

Comments

Popular Posts